Many activities are now being resumed to relaunch the country´s economy, including tourism, especially throughout the Riviera Maya, which includes Cancun, Playa del Carmen and Tulum. Some of Mexico’s airports are therefore reinitiating their operations, and airlines are implementing a series of measures to ensure passengers travel safely.
These are some general measures that you must comply with when traveling:
- Mandatory use of face masks.
- Temperature checking of flight crews and passengers alike prior to boarding.
- Avoiding physical contact with people and common surfaces: remember to keep your distance and wash your hands often.
- Check in from your home to keep lines short, and take into account that some check-in counters are still closed.
- Passengers will be called in small groups when boarding in order to avoid crowding.
- When boarding you must step through disinfecting mats and apply antibacterial gel, in addition to having your temperature checked.
During your flight, you can rest assured that you will be traveling in complete safety to your destination, since each plane is disinfected prior to and after each flight with HEPA filter technology, which captures 99.9% of viruses and bacteria. Such filters are the same as those used in hospital operating rooms and will be used on a permanent basis, thus making traveling by plane even safer.
Remember that these protocols are not only restricted to traveling, but must be followed in our day-to-day lives, so that in the very near future you can fully enjoy that trip to the Mexican Caribbean that you have been planning for a long time.
by: Giovana Glz