After several months of taking care of ourselves by not leaving home, we are now gradually returning to the new normality: many tourism destinations are resuming their activities and naturally Playa del Carmen is no exception.
To restart tourism, the government has decided to reopen some public beaches, so we’ve put together all the information on the measures to be taken for you to be able to enjoy the Caribbean sun, sand and sea.
The beaches that are now open are Punta Esmeralda, Xcalacoco and Playa 88; for the time being they will only be open from 9:00 a.m. to 4 p.m., from August 20 th to 30 th . The recommended way to reach the beach is either on foot or by bicycle. Safety and hygiene measures are as follows:
- Use of face masks when not in the water
- Keeping 5 meters away from other groups of people
- Avoiding contact or team sports
- Not taking coolers, food and alcoholic beverages to the beach
- Going on your own, or in groups of no more than 4 people
- Keeping a safe social distance of 2 meters in showers and bathrooms
- The use of beach umbrellas is limited to a maximum of 4 people
- Hygienic measures will be in place: use of antibacterial gel and temperature-taking on arrival at the beach
Remember that it’s up to us whether we can continue going to the beach, as initially they will only be open for ten days: however, if we follow hygiene protocols strictly, Playa’s beaches will remain open indefinitely.
Have a great time at the beach and be sure to take care of yourself and everyone around you!
by: Giovana Glz